Monday, January 07, 2008

Live Music

I'm finally seeing more live music like I always wanted to, and most of it local acts. I've been to Club 710 several times in the last few months and a handful of other places. This past weekend, besides going to the required Mad Cowboys show on Friday, I went to Emo's on Saturday. I saw a few songs by three bands that I don't remember the names of, one of which was pretty good. I also watched the whole Applicators set. It was their last show before breaking up. A Bill Named Sue was there; he knew several girls in the band. I think everyone in Austin must know ABNS (like it or not). He's a good guy. Chick bands can be fun to watch (even when they aren't very good), but this band was fun to watch and pretty good too. The drummer was particularly awesome. She was beatin' the hell out of those drums. Also amusing was seeing the drunken mosh pit (actually only a few drunken idiots) get mixed up with what I assume must've been some of the band members' parents. One lady got shoved by a falling mosher so she ended up colliding with another spectator by accident. Of course, she turned around and politely apologized. No one was hurt as far as I could tell, except maybe the drunken guy.

Emo's free week continues until Thursday so head on down for a bit, if only just to scope the place out. I hadn't been there in forever. Actually maybe never--maybe I've only been to Emo's Lounge. I may go down there again on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I was thrown down in a Pantera mosh pit once...thought I was a goner...

1:05 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

I still want to go there on Thursday. You still have band practice?

10:28 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Yes, still have practice. First time in about a month so I really must go.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Bummer. Ok, next time!

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home