Saturday, October 04, 2008

TSO at Lambert's

Last night I went to Lambert's to see The Story Of. The Unfortunate Heads were the opening band. They were OK but they were kind of putting me to sleep. Too quiet, chords and melody were too repetitive. I did enjoy the theremin though, I haven't seen one of those used in a while. I thought it was cool that the restaurant started off the in-between-band music with one of my favorite Ugly Beat songs. I might have enjoyed pointed that out to someone, but she never showed up.

The Story Of set seemed so short! They played a few new songs, but mostly old ones. It was hard for them all to fit on that small stage, but they managed. I still get a kick out of the rhythm section moving around in back of the lead guys. I talked a little bit with a couple, one of which works with the lead singer. I told them that I knew someone who worked with the other singer, but that she was too lame to show up. She even posted on her blog that she was going. I guess I'll stop believing what I read there! Anyway the guy was yelling "Wonderlust" near the end of the set, which is cool cause that's my favorite song too. So I yelled it once or twice as well. They didn't play it, and early in the set they mentioned something about not having their sixth member or something--I believe they were referring to some equipment perhaps because I think the band only has five guys.

After the show I ran into another couple on the street who had gotten lost and were looking for La Zona Rosa. I guided them there and they bought me a beer, but nothing interesting was going on so everyone left soon after that. I haven't been in that particular area in quite some time and it looks a bit different with the remodeled Austin Music Hall and high rise condos.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home